Saturday 26 May 2007

So, I'm off phone shopping tomorrow...

Not by choice really, but because....well....

I have one of those leather phone pouch things with a clip, that I normally clip onto my left pocket (clip outside, phone inside). Been doing this for years, never a problem.

Anyhoo, tonight here at home I head off to the dunny, and just after flushing, I see that the phone is hanging outside the pocket, which happens from time to time. And like usual, I think, "one day that's going to fall out of my pocket and into the toilet".

Well...you'll never guess what happened next.

Yep. That.

Fished it out quick smart, saw that it was still lit up and switched on, screen still working, and thought I might have gotten away with it. Quickly took it out of the pouch, sat it on the edge of the sink to get some of the water out of it....and oh dear, no, the screen's died now.

Maybe I could have saved the screen if I'd dried it more quickly, but chances are the water was making its way to that part of the phone and there wouldn't have been too much I could do.

Ah well. Was a good phone (Motorola V550) that didn't give me any trouble. Had it for two and a half years, so not a bad run.

Still...bugger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so which phone did you end up with?

I got a Motorola V3 Rizr a couple of months back, pretty happy with it.

Marco said...

Actually, after that incident, I took the phone apart and dried it overnight, and it fired up properly the next morning after reassembly suffering no apparent ill effects. Gave it a good clean with alcohol wipes for obvious reasons, and it's been perfectly normal ever since.